The area has several
attractions to visit while you are enjoying your stay with us. Some of the things of interest to see and do
in the town are:
* Railway Park is the hub of the town, visit the Rural Transaction
Centre, the Station Master's Office built in 1913 and the Old Station Master's Residence.
* Take the time to stroll the Centennial Walk, a display of mosaic
tiles depicting the history of the town.
* Visit Jack Dwyer Park on the Balonne Minor River, perfect place
for a cuppa.
* Visit Cubbie Station,
“Believed to be the largest privately owned cotton property in the Southern Hemisphere.” Tours by
appointment Ph: 07 4625 8168
* Visit the Culgoa Floodplains National Park for bird-watching. Permits
required and be prepared to camp totally self sufficient.
* Kamilaroi Aboriginal Art - Traditional and contemporary
art work depicts the Dreamtime and the relationship with the land.”• Visits by appointment
• Ph: 07 4625 8367